Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One for the Hubby

I’ve been writing a lot about my little boys that I figured it’s about time I write something about my dearest Hubby…
  • Seven years older than me (still can’t imagine that when I was in sixth grade, the person destined for me was already in college… okay, okay… next bullet please because he hates the topic)
  • Spends more time in the bathroom than I do
  • So well-read that there are endless things to talk about when I’m with him
  • Gifted with the sexiest shoulders I’ve seen
  • Hates the taste and smell of chicken curry and laswa (a vegetable dish we, Ilonggos, love)
  • Once upon a time, woke up in the middle of night and declared, “We’ve got… so much… powerrrrr!!!!” Then, he went back to sleep. You should have seen how shocked I was and how I couldn’t stop laughing after realizing what just happened.
  • Hid behind the name “Johnny” when I wasn’t allowed to take phone calls from him (and my landlady was too d*mb to notice!)
  • Looks like Romnick Sarmenta (He’ll hate me for this!)
  • Sings like Jose Mari Chan (You should hear him sing “Deep in My Heart!”)
  • Dances like Anjo Yllana (Kanta na lang ulit, babe! Love you!)

Seriously, I consider myself lucky and blessed to have Hubby in my life. Accepting his proposal to become his wife is one of the best decisions I have made.

To my Hubby, thank you…

  • For holding on to “us” when I easily gave up the first time
  • For the trust to give it another try
  • For going to the point of no return with me
  • For all the love letters you wrote and the cards you made for me
  • For patiently waiting outside my class to spend the rest of the day with me
  • For convincing me to try “fish balls” and “squid balls” … you were right… hindi sulit ang UP days without them
  • For moving to UP so we can see each other more often
  • For the quiet after-dinner walks around the academic oval
  • For singing every love song for me
  • For arranging almost everything for our wedding (not to mention paying for everything!)
  • For standing by me through labor pains as I was about to deliver our firstborn… and our second… and our third
  • For working hard to give me and the kids the comfortable life we are living right now
  • For putting up with all my sumpongs
  • For driving me to and from work most of the week
  • For waiting patiently in the car while I stay late in the office
  • For waking up during the night to adjust the A/C
  • For giving me kisses in the morning when I wake up, before you leave for work, when we see each other again at the end of the day, and before we sleep
  • For holding me close to sleep every night
  • For the “I love yous” at the end of every text message you send (kahit pa nagsusungit ako)
  • For the hugs, kisses, and “I love yous” in between
  • For buying what I always say is my “dream phone” … (I know you wouldn’t spend as much for yourself. But, for me, you would.)
  • For putting the kids’ and my needs (and wants) first before yours
  • For being faithful to me all these years that we have been together
  • For making my dream of a happy ever after come true
  • For the promise of forever and for keeping it

You once asked me if I can handle having you around for the rest of my life… Baby, I wouldn’t want it any other way!





No comments:

Post a Comment