Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Blessings



"Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."

I often think about this line when I look at our three adorable kids and a warm feeling usually embraces me. I am amazed at the miracle of life... hubby and I brought in three wonderful persons in this world!

Miko (The Kuya; leftmost)was born last May 19, 1998. Nothing can compare to the happiness I felt when I first saw him...our firstborn. The exhaustion of having been in active labor for eighteen hours and the pain of childbirth were all forgotten the moment I held him in my arms. He was perfect. The joy of finally being a Mom was beyond what I had expected. Miko is turning 11 on Tuesday next week. My cute and adorable baby has grown into a good-looking kid. He’s a little shy but very “mabait” and generous. His sketches never cease to impress me…he got that talent from his Dad. Miko, who learned how to distinguish shapes and colors before he turned two, also excels in school. He is consistently in the honors list and recently joined the school's varsity team for basketball.

Maki (The Kuya Baby; center) was born last September 27, 2000. Labor pains were not as bad but I almost had a C-section because of coiled cord. Maki is our bundle of surprises...He was conceived at the most unexpected time and because of this, our OB Gyne initially thought we will be having a baby girl. Maki is our Kuya Baby because he was our bunso for almost 8 years. Maki is my "little me." He is very "makulit" but very sweet. He is also the "Mr. Congeniality" in the family. Even as a toddler, he easily made friends with other kids...kahit pa yung mga nakikita lang niya sa mall! He is also as smart as his Kuya. He recently won 3rd place in an academic competition against other schools in the city, on top of being consistenly part of the honors list. While the Kuya is busy with basketball, our Kuya Baby is part of the boys' choir. :)

Mako (Our Baby; rightmost) was born last September 2, 2008. He was an answered prayer. Giving birth to him was like reliving my delivery to Miko. The labor was long and the contractions were really painful. Twelve hours after the first contraction, however, he came and made everything worthwhile. When we held him for the first time, it felt like we were holding our firstborn again. He looked so much like Miko! He is our bundle of joy... always smiling, making us forget about our worries at work and reminding us how blessed we are to come home to him and his Kuyas.

So you see, this is how blessed I am and I still think that for me to deserve all these... somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment